Sunday, June 29, 2008

Dose Two

I have given up my afternoon dose of Neuronten. So far (in a whisper now) so good. While I still have some weird feelings in my gum lines, there is no debilitating pain and this is a good thing. This Thursday I will give up one of my night time doses. (shudder shudder) Needless to say, I am walking on eggshells and just waiting for the other shoe to drop and all the other cliched sayings.

My ice packs are lined up in the freezer, ready and waiting. I take my bottle of Neuronten with me where ever I go. Neurotic, yes? Not so long ago I waited for four o'clock to hit to see if I was going to have a good night or not. Now, I watch the clock constantly to see if I will have a good life or not. Have I kicked this condition or is it lying dormant beneath the surface of my face ready to shoot fire and pain back into my life once I drop that one pill, that one dose at the one time on the one day?

So I continue to watch and wait. Dose two. Week two. Day eleven. So far: me=2, fire shooting monster beneath my skin=?

No comments: