Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Loose Change

Here is one for you: I have no idea where I am going to be living in two months. I know that I won't be living in the house I dwell in now. But I have no idea where I will be, or where my stuff will settle. Not a great notion for sleeping well at night. Right now there is a lot of change happening in our family. Change of location, jobs, schools, medication....

I am especially concerned with that last one. Actually medication and location. My neurologist is leaving the hospital where I have been seeing her. Rather abruptly she told me she is leaving and asked me even more abruptly if I wanted to stay with her or with the hospital. Ummmmm...what? And this was followed by the fact I am going to take a tremendous step in testing the Neuralgia medication. So I guess since I have no idea whom I would call if stopping the meds was a bad, bad mistake, I will stay with her...right?

Yes, I am changing the meds dosage as of next week. Slowly I will lessen and lessen the dosage week by week, pill by pill. Until hopefully...knock on wood, crossing all fingers, kissing all crosses...I see that the pain is gone and the meds are no longer needed. Or....the opposite. Bad, bad idea... get those meds back in me...now now now! And then, I will schedule my surgery with the neurosurgeon. I think.

So, change is upon us. It has blown in and is swirling around and where it deposits us...who knows? Isn't is strange how big changes seem to always come at once? I pray that the biggest change for me is not where I will be living but how I will be living. I could be living in Kansas or Florida, Colorado or Kentucky but as long as I am living without ice packs and twelve dosages a day I will be okay. Throw my husband being home with us and life will be...good. And isn't that what we should strive for, wish for, look for? Life to be...good.

No comments: