Sunday, May 18, 2008

Clorox, Downy and Dial Oh my!

Oh the horror. I have been pooped on and vomited on for the last four days. I have been doing laundry every two hours to get said poop and vomit out of several sheets, towels, blankets and stuffed bears. I have cleaned bathtubs, toilets and sinks with bleach and soap. I have rocked children, held children over sinks, Rubbermaid tubs and toilets for hours. Oh the horror. We have got the bug, the virus, the sickness.

And when the bug hits us, it hits hard. And I have never missed my husband more. And I have never cursed out my husband's job more. I can not get the smell out of my nose. I am too tired to change my own sheets. Why bother when someone might come downstairs to tell me "Mommy I don't feel goo--bluuuuugggg" (sound of vomit spewing out of child).

Oh the horror. How do I take care of little ones when I have caught the bug too? We RAN through Kroger today. I was praying that no one would vomit in one of the isles. We have already baptized check out line #8 with pee during potty training. I didn't want to dowse isle 4 with more bodily fluids. Every time the baby pursed his lips and looked up at me, I was ready with my diaper bag held open in front of him. I know I looked crazy.

If anyone looked at what we were buying, they knew to stay far away from us. Gatorade, Pedialyte, Saltines, Ginger ale, chicken noodle soup, etc. I wanted to tell the checkout girl to wash her hands after us. (Do you think they notice what people buy and come to conclusions from the items?) I wanted to wipe the shared pen that everyone uses to sign their credit card slips with a Clorox wipe. (Does it bother anyone else to use a community pen at the pharmacy? I mean, a lot of sick people use that pen. It is one of my pet peeves to use that pen, but I always forget to bring my own. I hope someone invents a germ repellent pen)

I am going to do another load of laundry. The smell of Downy has a new meaning for me now. Blech. My son's teddy bear has never been so clean and so gross at the same time. I pray that no one vomits or poops tonight. Please God. I need sleep with no weird sound emitting from the monitor. I need a night with no visitors in the middle of the night. I need a night to myself.

I have not been alone for more than a ten minute shower for four days. Oh the horror.

No comments: