Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ha

So I woke up this morning with an ache. A small ache, but an ache non the less. The thing is: the ache was on the wrong side. The other problem is: I don't know what "normal" pain feels like anymore. I don't know what a head ache feels like anymore because every time a bit of pain hits, I wait for the train to crash through my head. I brace myself whenever a twinge finds itself in one of my teeth. Do people have twinges? Do teeth ache for no reason? I can't remember. How very sad that is I think.

The reason I am so afraid that the little ache is actually the monster under my skin, scraping it's nails against my teeth, is it is on the wrong side. The ache is on my right side. I have been dealing with my left side and that monster. If it is scraping along my right side, then that introduces so many scary conclusions. Conclusions like: there is no help, no cure. So sorry. If the TN is on both the right and the left, then the surgeries they are proposing are dashed away. The surgery option is gone. They will not operate. There is no cure. The monster wins.

So I spent the day trying to calm the right side of my face. And I bought myself a very expensive wallet for my birthday. Take that monster.

1 comment:

Dawna said...

So... how's the ache? I've been checking in for an update. Hope you're feeling OK, and the kids too. Sounds like that bug was a nasty one.