Friday, February 22, 2008

Quite the Night


Well I survived another night of severe pain. I had to walk around the house-- serving dinner, cleaning up after dinner, getting the kids to bed-- with an ice pack ace bandaged to my face. My four year old son started crying when he saw me. My husband is picking up a lot of the slack (almost all of it)...which is great but he is supposed to be leaving soon. We just keep waiting for the meds to kick in full time-- not just during the day.

I ended up sleeping alone last night due to, I am sure, the sounds of the ice packs moving around as I toss and turn. My dreams are quite vivid (last night I dreamed that my Dad and I were driving around, got lost, and ended up on a ferry to nowhere. Then, same dream, I was riding bicycles in my childhood neighborhood and ended up at my Dad's old office -- do I want to be a kid again??? YES!) and I am sure I act out during my sleep. Who wouldn't with all of the drugs in my system.

I am a bit worried that if/when Hubby is gone, I won't be able to hear the kids at night. He is always saying that they "cried out" and I NEVER hear them. Scary. I used to be up at the slightest noise. Now....nothing gets me up.

So I wait until four o'clock and see if the signs of a bad attack are going to hit me. That is my witching hour. If I can make it to six or seven, I know I am in the clear. If not...

And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?


One of my favorite poems..."The Second Coming" by Yeats. Never heard of it? Here it is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Second_Coming_(poem)

No comments: