Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Someone is having a good chuckle

As I am now medicated to stop the searing pain of Trigeminal Neuralgia, I have to stop and connect my thoughts to "reality". Not so good with three young kids running around me on a normal day. And to add to the fog of strangeness that has enveloped my family (Mommy is acting kind of weird Daddy) I am now walking around the house with cabbbage leaves stuck inside my bra. Yes, Aidan and I stopped the nursing cold turkey. Very upsetting for both of us. But I had to. The pain was stopping me from functioning on a normal level. So, we have Mommy on top of a cabbage salad (My mother would love that...anything on top of a salad! boobs, left overs, you name it!).

The cabbage salad is fitting since I feel as though I have been shredded like cole slaw. The "why is this happening to me's" are starting to subside along with the pain. Only 15 people out of 100,000 have this condition. Why couldn't I have won the lottery or something? No, instead I got the prize behind door number 5. Which equals the number of emergency room visits and dentist visits and oral surgeon visits that I had before they finally figured out what was happening. (Thank goodness I didn't go through with pulling out my teeth!)

So now we cope. We try to get through the day with medicine that makes me loopy and, yes, a little more relaxed than normal. Driving is a lot nicer...the meds seem to zap away the Jersey in me. But I don't feel like I am HERE. I have to pull myself out of concentrating on the stupidest things to NOTICE my kids. (putting groceries away, folding laundry -- suddenly facinating). They try to get my attention and I pull myself up? out? of the "fogginess" and I can interact again. Oh...I hope I get back to normal. I don't want to miss out on anything with them. But the pain...oh the pain. I would rather be this flakey, foggy mom than the one I was last week.

Must go change the cabbage. Victoria's Secret, here we come!

No comments: