Thursday, February 28, 2008

Squished

The next few days will be so hard to get through. Between my meds and Daddy having to leave, I hope the kids will be able to cope. But I think kids are like playdough at this age. You can mold them into shapes and stick all kinds of different colors into them and, unless they are left out and forgotten about, they will remain soft and ready to play....just with a new shade of color. Hopefully I am correct about that.

My sister is going to come over to help me over the weekend. I still can't drive anywhere since I am completely zoned out during the hours of 10-3pm. I realized this morning that I haven't left the house in several days. My sister suggested (jokingly) that I get put on the Meals on Wheels list and I wouldn't have to cook for the kids! All joking aside, I don't know how I will handle this once Hubby is gone. I guess I will have to do everything after 3pm.

I will be the Vampire Mommy. Stumbling around Kroger trying to beat the clock home...before my next dose is due. It is like the dark Cinderella and the kids are my mice. Everyone says I look normal enough when I am out and about with the meds kicking in. But I feel completely not-normal.

I feel like someone was squishing me, mixing up my colors, leaving me under the kitchen table...and I am a lumpy ball of gray just waiting to dry up...until after 3pm when I am ready to be me again.

No comments: