Monday, March 3, 2008

Monsters Under Our Beds

Last night my three year old snuck into my bed. I remember seeing her standing on my husband's now empty side (why I don't take up the whole bed and sleep in the middle I don't know) and throwing the blankets back. She crawled in and slept the rest of the night there. No words were exchanged...they weren't needed.

Don't you wish you could climb into your parent's bed again? There are big fluffy pillows,the rythmic sounds of adults sleeping, no bad dreams and no monsters under the bed. Mom and Dad were super heros...albeit sleepy ones. I am scared to death that my children might view me as a super hero.

I wonder what I am going to do when they find out that the monsters are still under my bed. They are called worried, anxious and scared. What if my monsters start to wake me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi eileen. monsters suck, at any age. i think of you everyday, many times throughout. i'm sending you a link to a post on a blog that i read. i believe she is in virginia, a military wife with 3 little ones and a husband on deployment, again. i thought this post (and the comments too!) had a lot of great ideas in it. i especially liked the "magic mailbox" idea, very cool.

http://vintagechica.typepad.com/the_life_and_times_of_thi/2008/02/gone-daddy-gone.html

take care as best you can. each day of his absence is one that you won't have to repeat again. hoping to hear news about your test results too. take care, love you!
heather