Saturday, March 15, 2008

Squiggly Thoughts


Here are some things that I never want to do again:

1. Deliver food, plates, a toy and compassion to a new widow and her baby girl. Especially when she asks me to do the impossible task of bringing the rest of the guys home. I brought a toy for the baby and it played a song when tipped over. I often wonder if that sound now brings back that awful time in the widow's life and it makes me regret giving it to her.

2. Go into labor at home and have my wonderful husband drive me to the hospital. Picture this: I am literally screaming out in pain while he is obeying EVERY traffic law. Stop signs. Red lights. THE SPEED LIMIT. Dropping me off at the entrance while he parked the car. Aidan would have been born in the front seat of the Jeep or the front of the hospital had he not gotten stuck. Bad for me, good for hubby.

3. Live in a country that I don't know the language. As much as I love my dear friends Luba and Milan, I was so very lonely in Slovakia. Add being a new mom on top of that, and you get a whole bunch of worry to add to the loneliness. There are many stories along these lines that I will have to write about at another time.

4. Move. I know this will not come true, but it should only be two or three or four more times right? sigh

5. See my brain on film. A surreal experience. The neurologist was explaining the results and findings of my MRI and all I could hear was: "...no lesions...blah blah blah...no masses found...blah blah...no Multiple Sclerosis" I was mesmerized by the fact that I was literally staring at the squiggly things that were my brain matter. Part of me was fascinated. Part of me was completely weirded out that THAT thing was sitting in my head.

So those were the five things that I do not want to ever do again. I am sure I will add to my list in due time and I am sure I have forgotten many moments in my life that I should have listed. Like my Goth days. Okay that was number 6.

No comments: